I figured I needed to do at least one more post before I had this baby! I'm due in two days, although things are looking very similar to when I was pregnant with Lily: I started making progress between 36 and 37 weeks, but I've been stuck at 1cm dilated, 25% effaced since 37 weeks. Last week, my OB said, "It looks like you are going to go past your due date again." And we are already thinking I may have to be induced again, which scares me after my labor and delivery experience with Lily.
My OB said I will have three non-stress tests this week, and, if I make it to 41 weeks, I'll either be induced or do daily non-stress testing until I either go into labor on my own or make it to 42 weeks, at which time I will definitely be induced. This is a hard decision for me because I don't want a repeat of last time, but my OB also told me the risks of problems associated with post-term infants starts going up after 40 weeks (which is why it is now standard for OBs to induce at 41 weeks). I'm making Greg come to tomorrow's appointment because I want us to make this decision together.
In the meantime, I am trying every natural remedy that might possibly work. Evening primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea, acupuncture, sex, squats, riding the elliptical...I even ate chicken parmesan the other night!
The pregnancy has been going well. My lung function only dropped 2% (FEV1 118% at CF clinic three weeks ago), and I've gained over 40 lbs. I didn't WANT to gain that much weight, but it's a good thing in the CF world. I also haven't had any illnesses (:::knock on wood:::). The biggest thing has been that I have been so tired the entire pregnancy - I don't sleep well and I can't survive the day without a nap. And my back has been killing me!
I am feeling very excited to meet this girl!
5 days ago