Tuesday, February 9, 2010

25w4d OB Appointment & More Work Stuff

I had my monthly OB appointment yesterday. It was uneventful, which is the way I like it. They measured the size of my uterus for the first time, and I am measuring right on track at 25 weeks.

I did talk to them about my work situation for a bit - yesterday, when I told my boss I had to leave early for a doctor appointment, he again asked for a write-up of what is going on. Grrrr. I had to remind him that I wasn't going to be doing that and he could expect something from HR once I get a chance to talk to the social worker at CF clinic, (she was out last week and hasn't called me back yet).

The people at the OB's office were so cool about everything. They totally understood why I felt the need to cut back on hours and offered to provide any information my work may need. I just love getting the extra vindication that I am not being a slacker!

My boss is also frustrating me because he has done NOTHING to offer to lighten my workload in light of my hours being cut back. We had a meeting yesterday, and I brought up (again) the fact that I am managing a $5 million project and we need to transition it over to someone to work on "while I am out." I haven't told him yet that I am not coming back, because I don't think I would be treated well, but I am trying to do what I can to make the transition as smooth as possible. So, I told him that I know a lot of women who are able to come into work one day and are put on bed rest the next day, so there's always a chance I may not be able to work up to my delivery date. His response, "Well, we'll start transitioning someone over a few weeks before your due date." WTF?? I told him, "Ooookaayy...but I know some people who have had to go on bed rest at my stage in the pregnancy." I didn't get much of a response.

Ugh. The primary reason this is a big deal to me is not because I am concerned about what my boss thinks of me. It's both because I don't want to leave them high and dry, and I want to keep my reputation with my clients. I am afraid that, if things aren't going well after I am gone, they will be blamed on me (easy scapegoat = girl who isn't around anymore). I really want to keep my good reputation with the client because I may, in the future, be able to get a part-time job working for them. I've already had someone mention the possibility of working 10-hours a week from home. That would awesome!

So, in light of all this, I think I am going to talk to someone I am close to who works for the client (and sometimes is the client). By close, I mean she is the only person at work who knew about my first pregnancy, and I told her about this one right away. Hopefully she can give me some advice on how to make sure my reputation isn't trashed when I leave.

Oh, and one other thing - I had the creepiest baby-related dream last night! I dreamed I was in college and sitting in math class, and my ex boyfriend was there (random), and the baby was kicking like mad. Suddenly, she started pushing her hand outward, so that you could see it was a hand from outside my belly. At first I thought it was so cool and cute and told the people around me, "Look!" But, then she kept pushing, and my skin started stretching around her bony fingers and you could see every single finger as though my skin were just flesh-colored plastic wrap. And then her arm started coming out, and you could see her arm bones in great detail. And she kept coming, and I knew her face was coming next...and then I woke up. SCARY!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena