Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sooooo Tired!

Ugh, this is worse than when Lillian was first born because I have no help! The last week or so she has decided to nurse every 2-3 hours all night long, so I have become more and more exhuasted. And yesterday she wouldn't nap and was fussy all day. I was so tired my eyes were burning and I thought I was going to lose my mind. So, last night I decided to go to bed with her at 8:30...but then she wanted to nurse every hour until 11. And then my post nasal drip kicked in until midnight. And then she was up for the day at 3:00. So I got three hours of sleep. How am I supposed to function like this? I want to cry from exhaustion.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like she's going through the 12 week/3 month growth spurt (hence the frequent nursing). My daughter was born 5/12 and so we're just a few weeks ahead of you. Give her a few (albeit it loooong) days and she'll settle down.
My only advice to you as far as her lack of naps (Natalie went through that, too) is that you may need to try super-sleeping her - put her down for naps every 30 minutes and let her go for 10-15 minutes or so to see if she'll fall asleep. Try putting her down for the night really early, like at 5:30. She may be so sleep deprived that she can't sleep and you'll need to do some work to get her to remember how to sleep for a longer period of time. Do you have the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child? If not, I recommend it - it's quite a tome but it's got a solution to nearly every problem. Good luck!

Sara said...

Lillian is three months, right? I bet it's a growth spurt.

When my son went through phases like that I just curled up in the recliner at night and let him sleep on my lap while I dozed. He'd still wake up every hour to nurse, but it took maybe 30 seconds to latch him on and then I could drift back off.

Alicea said...

Like everyone else said, growth spurt. I would talk to your pedi about seeing what you can do to get her to sleep longer at night without nursing so often, though. My pedi always had great tips for getting Kyle to eat more during the day so he'd sleep longer at night in between feedings. You could also start reading sleep training books, but I found Kyle really didn't take well to sleep training until he was around 6 months old. Good luck, hon. I remember that feeling all to well. It will get better!

Young Grasshoper said...

I recently read your entire blog and it really inspired me and gives me so much hope. I also have "mild" CF and have been TTC for almost 3 years.

Here is a link to my blog if you are interested whatupwithd.blogspot.com

I hope Lillian is sleeping better for you!

 
Designed by Lena