Friday, September 12, 2008

It Went Well!

My surgery went well! Yippee! I had hardly any nausea, and I am not anyway near as tired as I was last time. Hopefully this means I will be back at work by Tuesday at the latest.

I told the anesthesiologist about the 10 days of dizziness I experienced after my last surgery, and I let home know I have a vomiting phobia. He agreed phenegran most likely caused the dizziness, and he gave me 2 different anti nausea meds. He also gave me two medications for acid reflux meds and something for anxiety. The cocktail of drugs really helped - I didn't freak out much, (just a little bit of shaking and a few tears), and I had almost no nausea during recovery!

The only thing worse this time is the bleeding. After my last surgery, I only used one gauze pad to catch the bleeding from my nose, and I took it off about two hours after my surgery. Today I've been through about seven and wore them almost all day.

We were home by 11:00 and spent most of the day following hurricane Ike coverage. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone impacted by the storm.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena