Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Le Sigh

I just got back from my 39w6d OB appointment. I went in very hopeful that I had progressed because I've been having more contractions lately. But noooooo, not a damn thing had changed :P My OB is talking induction now, and I am scheduled to go in next Friday evening for cervical ripening and be induced the following day at 41w2d. So it may be another week and a half until we get to meet our little girl, and my OB seemed to think that it most likely would be the case. I am feeling extremely frustrated right now, but I am also mad at myself for feeling this way because I should just be thankful we are about to have a baby!

In the meantime, I am going to be trying every OWT in the book, (except castor oil).

9 comments:

Maeghan said...

Hang in there! You know you've heard stories of women going into labor the night before induction etc. You just never know!

Lindsay said...

:-( I'm sorry!

Mon said...

I went for a pedicure and a foot massage and my water broke 4 hours later (37w5d) and we went all natural all the way !!! My friend did the same this Sunday (39w) and had her baby on Monday lol ... have you tried that? I did do the castor oil coctail but only after my water broke, to help with the contractions but i had it with lemon and herbena drops, almond butter and apricot juice. It was so yummy lol ... then then the contractions started strongly (they kinda stopped) and baby came out that evening. Good luck !

Shannon said...

Hopefully baby will have other plans and will surprise you BEFORE your induction :-)

Misha said...

Hang in there! My little girl was late, I thought she would be early because a lot of my cf friends went early so I was terrified but my due date came and went and no baby. I finally convinced them to induce.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is so close!!! I'm so excited for you. I will start doing every labor dance that I know of. EEEK!

Alicea said...

I was scheduled to be induced and then Kyle decided to come all on his own a week before. Ya never know! She'll be here soon, though...yippee!!!

semperfiohana said...

SEX....plan and simply

Jenny Livingston said...

I was told (over and over and over) that I wouldn't make it to my due date. But what do ya know? Four days after my due date, I ended up being induced. I had tried EVERY old wives tale, except castor oil-as you mentioned (it just sounds too risky to me). I DID NOT want to be induced, but fortunately for me, all went well. Hang in there and best of luck!

 
Designed by Lena