Saturday, July 24, 2010

That's It, I'm Cutting Out Dairy

I took the nurse's advice one step further and cut out all milk. Yesterday I didn't even have any yogurt or ice cream, (which I usually have every day). However, my lunch had some cheese on it, I had some sour cream on my fajitas, and I had a cup of hot chocolate. And last night Lillian got a big hive on her forehead and she was screaming. Her poop continues to be mucusy, too. I know it can take up to two weeks for the milk protein to get out of my system, so we may not see immediate results, but I am willing to try it if it might make her feel better. (I am also going to call the doctor on Monday.)

This should help with my weight loss goals too, considering cheese and ice cream are my weaknesses!

2 comments:

Mon said...

Good idea, I hope that works well ! I tried that too ....

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I tried that before also, mainly because I was having an allergic reaction to regular cow's milk. However, you have to drink a whole lot more soy milk or whatever to reap the same benefits that is seen in regular milk. I got a DEXA scan done, and it seems that my bones were pretty thin. I have since switched back to regular milk to absorb the utmost important Calcium and Vitamin D that everyone needs.

 
Designed by Lena