Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Sinus Surgery for Me

I went to the ENT today. My CT scan showed my left sinus completely full of infection. I may also have a few polyps. Nasal polyps are very common with CFers, however, this is the first time I have had them. My surgery is in about four weeks. I'm bummed mostly because it means TTC is on hold for even longer.

However, we were bad last night and had "fun" without protection (I know, shame on us, but we were out of condoms ;), so there is a slight chance we could be pregnant this month. If we are, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue because I took my last Diflucan five days ago.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sorry to hear about having to have sinus surgery. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Stephanie said...

I hope your surgery goes well. Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers. And as for 'having fun'...well it happens. ;)

Jess said...

Hey Kristen,

I know what you mean. I went through a phase where I was having sinus surgery every couple of years. I've had 5 so far in my life. I started to take Flonase, and Zyrtec D a few years back and noticed a remarkable difference, and haven't had surgery since 2003. Just a thought. Good luck! :)

 
Designed by Lena