Monday, November 3, 2008

Back to the ENT Today & Thrush

Today I went to the ENT for my 6-week post-surgery check-up. Everything looks good. From now on, he wants me to call when I notice my sinuses getting worse so he can do an endoscopy and suck all the gunk out. He said it should delay the need for another surgery and keep me feeling good. He wants to do this every six months at a minimum. I am excited about it!

On the thrush front, I finished my month of Diflucan about four weeks ago and the thrush started coming back. However, I think I've figured out how to manage it. I've noticed that drinking beer and eating sugary foods really cause it to come back, so I've cut way back on them. I've started gargling with Orithrush every evening and after I decide to splurge on a beer. I also break open an probiotic pill (I like Ortho Biotic) and drink it to get healthy bacteria in mouth (in order to crowd out the thrush). It seems to be keeping things at bay - I still get a little bit of thrush couple of times a week, but the Orithrush really helps knock it out right away. I even carry a small bottle of it in my purse. Hopefully I've found the solution!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena