Monday, October 5, 2009

Ugh

Spotting. Yesterday morning I was standing in the yard, calling for my cat, when I felt a sudden gush of water. I rushed to the bathroom to check it out, and saw that my panties were wet and there was brown spotting. So, of course I freaked. There was more spotting when I wiped, but, after a few wipes it was gone. I called the on-call nurse's line at my OB's office, and they said it was a "yellow flag" and that I should call my RE's office, because they had just seen me on Friday. The on-call doctor at the RE's office said I should keep an eye on it and go to the ER if it got worse. Otherwise, I should stay on pelvic rest and call the RE Monday morning.

The last time, when the spotting started, it didn't just stop right away - it continued for days, almost every time I wiped, so, I started to relax a little and almost convinced myself it was caused by Friday's ultrasound. This would make sense if it was just spotting - but I don’t get what would have caused the whole rush of water thing.

Then, it happened again until last night, although it was on a much smaller scale. Still, I am not liking this and I hope I can get another u/s soon. I am still having PG symptoms, (my boobs are killing me and I almost threw up last night), so hopefully that is a good sign. But, doctor Google told me that you can continue to have PG symptoms with a missed m/c, so, of course I am still freaking out!

Update: Right after I posted this, it happened again - I felt a gush of water, and, when I wiped, there was a bunch of watery stuff mixed with brown. Now I am officially freaking out. I called my RE's office and left a message with the receptionist, and she is going to talk to the doctor and call me back.

2 comments:

Maeghan said...

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}] Was thinking about you since your post the other day

Shannon said...

Ugh, I know the spotting is scary. I hope it stops soon or you get some kind of reassurance from the doctor. Not that it helps alot but I had brown spotting 3 t imes in my pregnancy (as late as 20 weeks) and was told every time that as long as its brown, its ok- its actually remnants of the infamous implantation spotting we always hear about. Hang in there, thinking of you!

 
Designed by Lena