Monday, November 16, 2009

Why, Hello 2nd Tri

Wow! I can't believe we already made it to 2nd tri! 1st tri really did go by quickly, and I can't believe that now it's okay to spread the news. I'm still nervous about things, but I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to hide this little belly from work. I think people are already wondering. We are going to wait until next week to tell extended family so that I can tell my mom’s side of the family when I see them in person. That should be fun!

I've been a very bad blogger lately. The first trimester fatigue has made me very lazy. It hasn't been horrible, though. On most days, I wake up feeling fine and am able to get through most of the workday without a problem. But once three or four o'clock hits, WHAM, I am soooo tired! As a result, I haven't been good about working out. Between the fatigue, bleeding scares, and being sick, I've probably been exercising 30% of what I normally do. Hopefully, I will be able to pick it up again when that rumored second tri energy kicks in. I really don't like missing my workouts because I believe they are a big part of the reason my lung function is so high!

So, bleeding scares: I had another one on Friday. I have been suffering from a yeast infection most of 1st tri, so, about 10 days ago, I decided to use some of that over the counter cream, (after getting my doctor's okay, of course). Each morning, after I used the cream, I would experience some bleeding. It didn't worry me because I figured the cream was just irritating my cervix. I mentioned it to the doctor at my 12w4d u/s, and he confirmed that everything was okay. But, then it started again on Friday afternoon, and I had no explanation. No sex, no vaginal u/s, nothing. I called my OB’s office right away, and they said, “How soon can you get here?” But, I was too far away to make it before they closed. So, they told me to just watch it over the weekend and go to the ER if it got worse. The spotting continued through Sunday morning and stopped. When I called and updated them today, they said it sounded like my cervix was irritated. However, they want me to move up my appointment scheduled for this Friday if it continues. I am sooooo glad I have my doppler so that I can reassure myself that the LO is still alive in there!

Oh, and I would like to end this post with some good news: My sputum culture from November 5th came back with NOTHING in it!!! Just normal flora. I know that there could be a small amount of Staph or PA hiding out deep in my lungs, but it’s exciting news nonetheless

4 comments:

Maeghan said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you. The 2nd tri energy just hit me so hopefully it will be hitting you soon too. I can't wait to start working out again, feel like such a slug. Hope all goes well at Fri's appointment!

Amy said...

I've been following your blog and it's exciting to see how many weeks along you are. That's so great! The second trimester should find you feeling really good!

Lindsay said...

YAY for 2nd Tri!! I hope the bleeding incidents stop soon!

shotzie said...

Woohoo for 2nd tri! And woohoo for a good culture!

 
Designed by Lena