Friday, March 26, 2010

32 Weeks and Shower Recap

I am so excited to be 32 weeks! Of course, I want this little girl to stay inside me for a while longer, but just knowing that she would have a great chance of survival if she were born now makes me so happy. My next goal is 34 weeks because that is the date my OB said they will not stop things if I go into labor. That is so close! Yikes! We still have a ton of stuff to do!

Two weekends ago, my family threw me an awesome baby shower. My first shower, which I never got around to blogging about, was here in Austin and was thrown for both Greg and I and our friends who are due a week after us. It was coed and was more of a social gathering than a baby shower, but it was really fun. We spent the afternoon chatting with lots of friends we hadn’t seen in ages and eating really good food. We got lots of clothes, some books, bottles, a mobile, and a few bedding items.

My shower in Rhode Island was thrown by my family, and they were sooooo excited about it! This was pretty much the first baby shower my mom’s side of the family has gotten to plan, so my mom, her two sisters, and my grandmother went nuts planning for months. The shower was held in a bar/lounge, which was nicer than it may sound – there were lots of plush chairs and leather couches for people to sit on and a fireplace. There were lots of yummy appetizers and we were served turkey, scrod, and chicken parmesan for lunch. And my family decorated the place all girly.
I also spent a few days in Maine and my high school friends also threw me a little shower at one of their homes.

Baby Girl got soooooooo many clothes! Seriously, I haven't bought her a single onesie, and I counted 52 the other day! She also got a bunch of those toys you hang from the carseat, cloth diaper covers, and a kick-ass high chair.

Here is a picture of me with my tiara and ridiculous baby pin:

Now I am obsessing over getting the nursery done and getting everything finalized. I still have one more shower in a few weeks, and I am itching for it to be here so I can complete our registry.

In other news, things are going well. The Braxton Hicks contractions have continued, but I've gotten good at not letting them freak me out. I had my 32 week OB appointment today, and everything looked good!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a blast!!

Amy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you got so many nice things and were spoiled, just like you deserve!

mtendere said...

I'm glad you had a great shower and that you're little one is doing well.

Erin said...

You look fantastic!!!

Jess said...

I'm so EXCITED for you!!!!! So glad things are going well. She'll be here before you know it! :)

G said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Love the picture :)

Shannon and Jon said...

You look so pretty!

 
Designed by Lena