Thursday, April 29, 2010

Full Term! YAHOOO!!

WOW! I seriously cannot believe I am full term. I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve last night - I kept dreaming about being full-term, and I woke up at 4:00 and could not fall back to sleep because I was excited. It hasn't settled-in that this baby could come so soon - I am not ready to leave work, the house is a mess, the nursery isn't done, the car seat isn't installed...ack!

The sucky part is that Greg has been swamped at work lately, (he's already put in 40 hours this week), which means he has been so stressed that he hasn't been sleeping well and has no time to help get ready for the baby, and he's been a bit grouchy. Not exactly how I wanted to spend our last few weeks alone :( He keeps saying that he can't wait until the baby gets here so he can have a vacation from work!

I had an OB appointment yesterday, and I have started to dilate (woot!) - I was at 1 cm. And, I didn't gain any weight this week (double woot!). I did test positive for group B strep, which means antibiotics during labor, but it shouldn't be a big deal. The swelling has started to affect my hands - my knuckles are sore and I get some tingling in them - but my blood pressure is still good.

That's all I have for now. I'm hoping I can get to work early so I can leave early and take a nap!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on making it to full term! What a great milestone! Your little one will be here before you know it.

kim said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

semperfiohana said...

I tested positive too for group B. I tested positive in the very beginning of my pregnancy, so I was given an oral antibiotic in the beginning and the iv antibiotic while in labor as a precaution. And as soon as they admitted me I reminded them cause I didn't want somehow to not get it. Good luck!! She'll be here before you know it!

Shannon said...

Wow, full term! I cant believe your baby will be here soon!

Lindsay said...

YAY!!! So exciting!

Maeghan said...

WOOHOO!!!!!

Alicea said...

Yay for full term!

Katey said...

YAY for full term!! Can't wait til the baby is here!!

 
Designed by Lena