Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trying the Crib for Naps (Again)

Well, here we go again. I've tried to get Lily to nap in the crib twice, and both times it was a big FAIL. She has been napping in the swing for most of her life (or the car seat if she falls asleep in the car). The first time we tried to get her to nap in the crib was at four months. We tried cry-it-out and she would cry for a while, fall asleep for 20 minutes, and then wake up again and cry until I got her, (and I let her cry up to an hour and a half to try to see if she would fall back to sleep). The same thing happened when I tried at 6 months, and I tried for ten days that time! It was awful because she was soooo tired and fussy from napping so poorly.

It's been almost five months now, and I have been procrastinating on trying again. After all, she sleeps well in her crib at night, so I'm not worried that she is going to need a swing for the rest of her life. But, two things have happened that make me think it's time to try again: Her swing broke, and she learned how to roll from back to belly. I've been getting her to nap by putting her in the broken swing and giving it a big push, which has made it swing enough for her to fall asleep. But, today that didn't work and I watched her in the monitor as she was wiggling all over the place, trying to roll over in the swing! So, now she's been in her crib crying for 15 minutes. I hate this!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena