Thursday, June 12, 2008

New OB/GYN

I went to a new OB/GYN today. I decided to find a new one after my previous OB/GYN told me she would see me for the first trimester, but then would I have to see another doctor at the same office. I wasn't very comfortable with that, so today I went to see Dr. Jones. I love Dr. Jones! She went over things in great detail and really listened to me. I learned a few new things today, including:

  • I should start taking a DHA supplement because it's been shown to help with fetal brain and eye development
  • If I spend any significant time around children, I should be tested for immunity to rubella, because it's been shown to cause birth defects (however, I don't spend time with children, so I don't need this)

Dr. Jones also said the same thing my previous OB/GYN told me - that we will probably have trouble getting pregnant and that I should come see her if we are not pregnant in six months. Fingers crossed it won't come to that!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hello again, I just wanted to add that I am on a email cf list and there have been a few women wcf that take guaifenesin that is in Mucinex and Robitussin when they are trying to get pregnant and have had success. You probably already knew this but just in case....

 
Designed by Lena