Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thank You, Beta, Symptoms, and CF Stuff

First of all, I must say a huge "THANK YOU!!!" for the congratulations wishes. It warms my heart to see how many wonderful people I have met over the internet during this journey. (((Hugs))) to you all.

Yesterday I had my first beta. The result was 20, which is in the normal range for 11 dpo. I will be getting my second beta tomorrow, and I think I will feel a little less nervous about things once I see that number double.

And now, I can talk about my symptoms! (I have wanted to do that for so long :P) The primary symptom I had was unusual cramping the evening of 8dpo, and that continued until 11dpo. It felt kind-of like AF cramps, but a little different. My other symptoms were very similar to PMS, but amplified slightly: extreme hunger, crazy bloating, and sore breasts.

Yesterday morning I spoke with the nurse at CF clinic. She confirmed with my CF doctor that all of my current meds are fine, and that we will talk about things in more detail when I come in for a clinic visit next week. For those who are curious, my meds are: Albuterol, Colistin, Hypertonic Saline, Zyrtec, Prilosec, and Veramyst. (But please, don't take my word for it that these meds are safe to take during pregnancy - always ask your doctor!)

Yesterday afternoon, the dietician at CF clinic called me. She said I need to have my vitamin levels checked - specifically iron and vitams A, D, E, & K (which are the fat-soluable vitamins us CFers sometimes have difficulty absorbing). I also have to do an oral gluclose tolerance test (OGTT) right away. The dietician said CFers must do an OGTT at the start of each trimester, due to our increased risk of gestational diabetes. I am scheduled to do that on Monday.

The dietician also told me the that, right after she heard from me, the nurse sent a text to everyone on the CF team to tell them I was pregnant :) (they all know we have been TTC for almost a year).

3 comments:

semperfiohana said...

awww...that was so nice of ur cf nurse! i'll be thinking about u and ur next blood test!!! keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to see what your Beta's are today!! GL!

Ps. that6's really cute about your CF nurse. Sounds like you go to a GREAT practice!

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing your symptoms, I love reading them.
Congrats again!

 
Designed by Lena