Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Hit a Deer

Last night Greg and I discussed our financial goals, and we agreed that we are doing well enough to go off the pill after one more cycle!

Then, this afternoon, I was on my way home from the gym, and a deer decided to run in front of my car. I couldn't swerve because there were other cars around, so I slammed on my brakes and skidded into it. Luckily, I was fine and I think I hit the deer on the side, because I didn't drive over it. I saw the poor deer in my rear-view mirror, lying in the middle of the road, twitching, and then it lay still. I pulled over, burst into tears, and called DH, sobbing, "I killed a deer!"

I had no idea what to do, so I called our City’s information line. They told me a police report would not be necessary for my insurance to cover me, and then they transferred me to the City Warden. While I was on the phone, I turned back to look at the deer, and it was gone! The Warden said I might have just stunned it. I was soooo relieved!

Now I have to deal with my car. The front of my car has a huge dent and my lights are busted, and I can't get the hood open to see if there is any damage inside. Grrrr…there’s a bunch of money we weren’t planning to spend! I guess that’s why we need an emergency fund!

We won’t know if we really can TTC next cycle until we find out how much this is going to cost. If it’s only our $500 comprehensive deductible, it won't be too bad. We’ll see….




No comments:

 
Designed by Lena