Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'll Say it Again: You've Got to Be Kidding Me

ARRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!! I am so freaking pissed off right now. Guess what we learned at the u/s this morning? I already ovulated!!! So the IUI is canceled AGAIN. WTF body??? Screw you. I am here at work trying not to cry.

To top things off, Oing this early most likely means our next IUI might fall right when I am supposed to be in Maine visiting my family at the end of the month, so I may have to cancel that trip. Now I am hoping for another long LP.

My RE was apologetic and said he wants to lower my clomid dose to 50mg and take it CD3-7 instead of CD5-9. He said it looks like my body is "overreacting" to the clomid. He also said he will never assume a false positive OPK again, and he will have me come in right away in the future.

The only silver lining is that we did have good timing with the sex this cycle, and the u/s showed I may have had two follies this time (because he could see a corpus luteum on my left side and fluid on my right side). So we may still have a slight chance.

But still, I cannot believe that it will be at least 4 months in between IUIs. I thought we'd have two IUIs in by now, and we were telling our families that we'd mostly likely be PG again by Sept. But no, I still sitting here with no hope. I fucking hate IF.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

::Hugs:: I'm so sorry.

Maeghan said...

:(

MFA Mama said...

I think your RE should eat the cost of the Clomid and all monitoring for this failed cycle since you did EVERYTHING possible to prevent it and he just didn't listen. Seriously. Ridiculous! I'm glad he's going to do the right thing in the future, but you shouldn't have to pay for his (entirely avoidable) mistake!

Shannon said...

I am so annoyed for you, UGH.

Im really sorry about everything you are dealing with, know I am thinking of you.

Erin said...

Huge hugs!!! I f-ing hate IF too and I want to go off on RE's right about now. You are not my only friend whose RE has royally f-ed it lately. I'm soooo sorry sweetie. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your timing was perfect at home!!

Jess said...

Oh Kristen I am SO SORRY! How freaking frustrating!!!! I agree with the others so much! You are the patient, and they need to be listening to YOU! It's so aggravating to have to go through all this I know. I have my fingers and everything else crossed for success for next month!!

 
Designed by Lena