Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our First IUI Cycle is Here!

I haven't blogged for a few weeks because, well, I just needed a break from obsessing over TTC. I still charted last cycle (because I can't stand not knowing what is going on with my body), but we didn't force ourselves to have "baby making sex" (i.e. none of that "we have to have sex NOW!" business). Instead, we just had sex when we wanted to (we ended up having good timing anyway - not that it mattered :P)

Now it is back to obsessing, and I am excited because we will be doing our first IUI in a few weeks! I know the chance of success is only 25% maximum with each IUI, but I am feeling very hopeful that we will get pregnant sometime within the next 3-6 months.

Of course, this is all assuming the HSG goes fine. I'll be doing that on Monday. If everything looks good, we will do an ultrasound and HCG trigger shot next Saturday, and the IUI will be done the following Sunday or Monday.

In none-TTC related news, Greg and I went to San Francisco over the weekend. It was my first time visiting the city, and we had a great trip. I didn't get much sleep, though, and now I am sick. I think it's just a sinus flare-up because I just have a low grade fever and overall crappy feeling - no lung issues - so hopefully I will be back at work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Im really excited for you! Good luck with the HSG- here's hoping for clear tubes!

 
Designed by Lena