Friday, May 4, 2012

Bring on IUI #1 (Part 2)

I don't know what you call it when it's your fifth IUI, but your first IUI TTC #2, LOL. Anyway, I am very excited to begin this process! I was so nervous for so long, but now everything feels right.

I got AF on Wednesday, so my RE called in Clomid and Ovidrel. This time around, I have insurance coverage, which means a little more work because my insurance has its own requirements. Like CD 3 blood work every six months. I had that done this morning, and I got a call this afternoon that the insurance has authorized this IUI.

The plan is for me to take 50mg Clomid CD5-9 and do an u/s on CD12. It's a little different than what we did when I got PG with Lily. With Lily I took Clomid CDs 3-7 and did an u/s on CD9, but that was because I had ovulated very early the previous two cycles. My RE wants to start off being a little more conservative with the Clomid (CDs 5-9 has a lower risk of multiples). And he wants to try to minimize ultrasounds. He originally wanted to do an u/s on CD14, but I begged for a CD12 u/s, because last month I O'd on CD14.

I am in such a different place right now than I was last time we went into IUIs. I have Lily, so I'm not worrying about whether or not I am going to be a mother. I haven't obsessing about TTC with OPKs and temps. And I have a history of success with IUIs, so at this point, I feel confident. I also know it may take a few tries, so I'm not planning on the first one working. I feel like this one is just a warm-up. Of course, if it did work, that would be awesome. So, my fingers are crossed!

4 comments:

Maeghan said...

Wishing you lots of good luck as you begin this journey again!

semperfiohana said...

fingers crossed and baby dust your way!!!

Kismet21 said...

Good luck! We are 90% way through our IVF #2 (which is IVF #1 for baby #2).

It's hard to get all geared up to start this process again. Let's hope it works faster for you this time!

Lindsay said...

Good luck!!

 
Designed by Lena