Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lily Weaned

On Thursday, Lily nursed for the last time. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, when I asked her if she wanted to nurse, she said, "Shake!" (which is a yogurt smoothie). So I considered her weaned. We made it 22 months, 26 days. I am so happy it ended on her terms. I was dreading having to stop so I could take clomid. I thought there would be a lot of crying, and it would break my heart. Instead, I reached the fabulous milestone of nursing her until she was done!

And, I have to say that nursing Lily is one of my proudest achievements. The beginning was so hard, and then I almost had to wean at 10 months. And then there was the cutting out dairy, her not taking a bottle, the sleepless nights, etc. She nursed every 2-3 hours during the day until she was 11 months old. It was hard! But also so sweet and rewarding.

I am feeling a little sad about it - I don't get many snuggles now. But I am enjoying the extra time in the mornings - we can get out the door so much faster. Also, surprisingly, she no longer wakes up crying all.the.time. And I'm looking forward to TTC #2!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena